Now that summer is over and fall has started, it is time to start thinking about the holidays. If you are the owner or operator of a retail store in Wichita, now is the time to get your online presence positioned for the holiday shopping season. According to eMarketer, they expect a 12% increase of online spending this year. Making it a great time to quickly finalize your plan now and begin executing it as soon as possible to make the most profit. Here are some things your plan should include:
- A Marketing budget. Know how much you are planning to spend and by when. Unless you already have a website that Google loves, you will need to spend a good portion of your budget on display and video advertising. SEO is still an option, but is not likely to pay off big at this point.
- Marketing materials. This may seem like an obvious one, but you will need to have your ads, landing pages and copy designed, edited and ready to go in short order.
- Online advertising channels. With search, mobile and social media marketing channels available, determine how much you plan to spend on each one.
- Blog. Not only do you have to write the copy for your ads and landing pages, you need to also have the copy clear and to the point for your blog posts as well. Even though this is extra work, it is well worth it in the long haul.
- Website Updates. Make sure your web site gets updated as soon as possible with the marketing materials once approved.
Go get ‘em! If there are other items that you see as critical to getting ready for the holiday shopping season, leave a comment and let us know. Thanks!