- Brand Awareness – You have a killer brand and you want people to know about it.
- Engage My Clients – Stop bad PR in-flight and foster reoccurring clients or customers.
- New Clients – According to Google 82% of people looking for local services are doing it on-line.
- Align with your goals
- Be centered around a topic (Educations, Tips & Tricks, Product or Service)
- Be broken into multiple parts
- Have an identified time-line by which it will be delivered.
Pick a Tool
Business to Business (B2B) – Businesses that cater to other businesses (Consulting, Print Services, etc.)
Business to Consumer (B2C) – Businesses that cater to consumers (Retail Stores, Restaurants, etc.)
- Facebook – B2C is frequently used for Promotions, Coupons and Engagement. It’s the best place for interaction with customers.
- Twitter – B2B is frequently used for Promotions, Knowledge Sharing, Tips & Tricks, Support. Links to Blogs are frequent here as well as Customer Support.
- Linked In – B2B is frequently used for Education and Promotion. It’s the best place for B2B transactions, through making connections.
Lastly, pick a single tool to get started and then gradually add more over time.